SONAR has an option to not reset audio devices each time playback or recording starts. This option minimizes device state transitions in response to transport operations. When enabled, SONAR attempts to keep the device in a running state as far as possible.
1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio - Configuration File.
2. Under Configuration Settings, click Edit Config File.The Aud.ini file opens in the default Windows text editor.
3. In Aud.ini, locate the entry called MinimizeDriverStateChanges and set it to the desired value. For example:
4. Save Aud.ini and close the Windows text editor.
5. Click Reload Config Settings to reload the current audio configuration settings from Aud.ini.
Note: The MinimizeDriverStateChanges variable only applies when using ASIO or WDM driver modes, not when using the MME driver mode.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.