Cakewalk Command Center provides the easiest way to install SONAR. Simply log in with your Cakewalk account and Cakewalk Command Center automatically retrieves your serial number and simplifies the download and installation process. Cakewalk Command Center also makes it easy to install future software updates. For details, see Cakewalk Command Center.If you are not using Cakewalk Command Center, there are a few things you will need to know before getting started:
Your SONAR serial number. Your serial number will be available at www.cakewalk.com/my-account, or it was delivered to you via email.
If you are installing from Cakewalk Command Center: Follow the instructions under Cakewalk Command Center. Cakewalk Command Center provides the easiest way to download and install SONAR. Simply log in with your Cakewalk account and Cakewalk Command Center automatically retrieves your serial number and simplifies the installation process.
If you are installing from a digital download: Locate the file
SONAR_[Artist/Professional/Platinum]_Build[BuildNumber].exe that was saved to your computer's hard drive and double-click on it to begin the installation.
4. Click the Install button.
1. Download Cakewalk Command Center from http://www.cakewalk.com/Command-Center, then install it on your computer.
3. Type your Cakewalk account user name and password, then click Connect. If you do not yet have an account, click Create Account.
4. Your purchased products are listed under Connected Products. Select SONAR, then click Install. Cakewalk Command Center will download and install SONAR.During the download process, you may be presented with helpful information about the product that is being downloaded. A download progress bar is displayed at the bottom of the page.
5. When installation is complete, click Launch to open SONAR.
Note: Cakewalk Command Center lists your purchased products under Connected Products. The color-coded lights indicate the following:
2. Your purchased products are listed under Connected Products. Select SONAR, then click Uninstall.Activation is the process by which Cakewalk validates that your software and serial number are genuine and that they are being used in accordance with the license you purchased. SONAR can be activated by an online or offline process.A toast notification appears at the bottom of the screen to inform you if SONAR has not been activated yet. If your computer is connected to the internet, click the toast notification to open Cakewalk Command Center and activate SONAR.If SONAR is installed on a computer that is not connected to the internet, you can use offline activation as long as you have access to another computer that is connected to the internet. To use offline activation, follow these steps:
1. In SONAR, go to Help > Offline Activation > Export Activation Request to open the Save activation request dialog box.SONAR saves a Activation request.crq file. This file is encrypted and machine-specific, and can only be used to activate SONAR on the machine that was originally used to create the Activation request.crq file.
3. Copy the Activation request.crq file to removable media, such as a USB flash drive, that you can transfer to another computer that is connected to the internet.
4. Using an online computer, navigate to www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Offline-Activation and sign in with your Cakewalk ID and password.
5. Upload the saved Activation request.crq file.
6. The Cakewalk web server generates a Activation response.dat file.
7. Copy the Activation response.dat file to removable media that you can transfer back to your offline SONAR computer.
8. In SONAR, go to Help > Offline Activation > Import Activation Response to open the Import activation response dialog box.
9. Select the Activation response.dat file and click Open.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.