Boston, MA, — Cakewalk, developer of the best-selling music and sound software for Windows, is now shipping Project5 soft synth workstation, offering a complete suite of synthesizers, samplers, sequencers, audio and MIDI effects, and audio looping tools in an integrated studio environment. Project5 also allows musicians to customize and expand their software studio with support for additional soft synths, audio and MIDI effects, sample formats, and any Windows-compatible audio hardware. Project5 has a $429 MSRP.
Introduced to the world at Winter NAMM 2003, Project5 defines the new standard for Windows-based soft synth workstation environments. Project5 offers a complete, flexible production environment where electronic musicians have everything they need to experiment, create, and perform music using integrated sequencers, software synths, samplers, audio and MIDI effects, and audio looping tools.
Key features for Project5
- Studio-quality instruments and effects
- Pattern-based sequencers and processors
- ACID™-compatible audio looping tools
- Real-time, seamless performance engine
- Open studio environment (DX, DXi, MFX, VST, VSTi, ReWire client, WDM, ASIO)
The Project5 soft synth workstation includes a polyphonic analog-modeling synth, professional sampler, drum synthesizer, drum sampler, and a groove sampler. The Project5 sequencers allow real-time and step-recording, as well as piano-roll style editing and step sequencing. Project5 also provides advanced capabilities for synth layering, keyboard mapping, real-time pattern triggering, an intuitive live-performance audio engine, and ACID™-compatible loop support.
PSYN™ — virtual analog synthesizer
PSYN ("sine") models a full-featured subtractive synthesizer, providing access to classic analog sounds of the 70s, as well as contemporary electronic sounds. Includes multiple filters, oscillators, envelope generators, and LFOs. Features a modulation matrix for tempo sync; ring modulation and FM synthesis; 64-note polyphony; parameter automation; more.
DS864™ — digital sampler
A flexible, easy-to-use, multi-format digital sampler with ample manipulation capabilities and pristine audio fidelity. Features 8 layer / 64 voice polyphony; sample editing with effects; multiple resonant filters and envelope generators; 8 audio outputs for effects processing; parameter automation; key mapping; velocity zones; support for Akai S5000/6000, Kurzweil K2000, Sound Fonts 2, WAV, AIF, and proprietary sample formats.
nPULSE™ — analog modular drum synthesizer
Provides tone characteristics of classic drum machines, combined with the extended properties of modern day soft synths. nPulse provides a convenient way to trigger and synthesize vintage-style electronic drum voices. A 12-voice multi-timbral synthesizer with per-voice oscillators; 5 assignable outputs; multiple presets; sync effects; key-mapping; parameter automation; more.
VELOCITY™ — drum sampler (LM4, WAV, AIF)
The multi-timbral drum sampler provides 18 polyphonic voices with up to 32 velocity-layered samples. Offers precise sample editing with effects; 5 stereo outputs; and full parameter automation. Supports WAV, AIF, LM4, and proprietary sample formats.
Cyclone™ DXi — groove sampler
A 16-part, ACID™-compatible groove sampler, composition tool, and loop editor. Trigger loops in real-time following the tempo and pitch changes of a project. Edit individual slices of individual loops, and even combine parts of multiple loops.
Introducing the Spectral Transformer™ — This new DX effect processor employs phase vocoder style time and frequency mutation to turn audio inside out. Spectral Transformer is designed for use as a real-time instrument with six effects that can be linked or used independently and; provides full parameter automation and real-time control as it warps sound with continuous pitch transposition, accumulation, exaggeration, filters, more.
Key Spectral Transformer DX Features:
- Transposer allows for continuous real-time pitch shifting. Produces major tonal changes which range from high reedy sounds, to richer low sounds.
- Accumulator creates glissando, delay, pitch bends and reverberation effects.
- Exaggerator cranks the peaks and valleys of your spectral frequencies. Bring out and sweep through specific frequencies bands.
- Lo-hi filter removes frequencies above or below specified frequency levels.
- Tracer allows you to thin the sound until only a 'trace' of its former self remains.
- Shifter moves frequencies by adding or subtracting values to the various frequency components.
Project5 also includes:
- Envelope/LFO Filter
- Stereo Delay/Echo with tempo sync
- High Frequency Exciter
- Classic Phaser with feedback
- Studio Reverb
- Multi-voice Chorus/Flanger with feedback
- Stereo 2-band Parametric EQ
- Pattern & loop-based creation tools
P-SEQ™ — pattern sequencer
A flexible pattern sequencer with "piano roll" style editing that superimposes track automation with note data. Offers step and real-time recording, pattern preview, auto-looping, and easy-to-use editing tools.
SYNCHRON32™ — step sequencer
Accurately models and expands upon analog hardware step-sequencing. Generate and trigger patterns in real-time from MIDI devices or tracks. Provides control over pitch; rhythmic duration with shuffle; tempo sync; per-step flam, legato, bends; polyphonic mode; multiple-banks for pattern presets; more.
ACID-compatible loop integration
Click and drag to roll out tracks using ACID™-format loops that match your project tempo and pitch changes. Features automatic beat matching, flexible time stretching/pitch shifting, and support for multiple loops per track.
Advanced synth layering and keyboard mapping
Perform and record using multiple MIDI controllers routed to multiple instruments; or use multiple, layered instruments or split synths from one MIDI controller.
Live-performance audio engine
Project5's seamless audio engine provides a continuous musical workflow. Allows changes to be made on the fly and never compromises playback — perfect for live performance.
Expand and customize Project5
- Use included synths or add DXi or VSTi synths to expand your studio
- Edit and mix using Project5's included audio and MIDI FX, and additional MFX, DX, or VST effects
- Run VST effects and VSTi synths with included Cakewalk adapter
- Integrate Project5 with a ReWire-compatible host like SONAR for advanced audio recording, editing, and mixing
- Project5 instruments and effects integrate directly into SONAR
- Works with any WDM, or ASIO-compatible Windows hardware
- Send MIDI Sync to outboard sequencers
Pricing and Availability
Project5 has a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $429 U.S. For more information, visit a music and sound retailer near you; Cakewalk on the web at www.cakewalk.com; or call 888-CAKEWALK (617-423-9004 outside U.S.).