Studio composition with the Step Sequencer
The Step Sequencer is a staple of electronic music and SONAR has one of the best available in any DAW. Completely integrated and immediately available from any softsynth, simply point and click to enter steps and use the built-in controls to dial in just the right feel.
Watch The Video
Craft the sometimes intricate, sometimes robotic sounds of both vintage and modern hip-hop and electronica with SONAR X1's Step Sequencer view. Create drum tracks, beats, bass and synth lines with a click of the mouse and save time with the convenient auto-populate feature for common rhythmic patterns. Per step probability generates endless variations and the flam, swing, and offset controls allow for deep control over the feel of your groove.
New in Step Sequencer 2.0:
- Add Flam to any step by simply double clicking it and then use the flam time knob to adjust timing
- Load/save patterns or drag and drop patterns right from the Browser
- Auto-populate feature provides shortcuts to fill every 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 steps
- Redesigned Controller Pane for per-row articulations and controls, including Volume, Pan, Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, and Portamento
- Per step controls for Velocity, Time Offset, Probability, MIDI articulations, Filter Cutoff and Filter Resonance
- Parameter values are displayed as bars underneath steps in the controller pane, making editing per step parameters such as Velocity, Step Offset, Probability, and other MIDI articulations quick and easy
- Exclusive Per Step Probability provides control over the probability that a step will be triggered. Use it to create automatic variations and keep repetitive patterns sounding fresh
- All this is combined with the functionality from Step Sequencer 1.0 including: Step Recording, Velocity Multiplier, Fit to Quarters capability and more
The World of Step Sequencing
Loading video . . .
Creating Step Sequencer Patterns