The information in this article applies to:
- SONAR (All SONAR Family Products)
- Music Creator (All Versions)
- Guitar Tracks Pro (All Versions)
By default SONAR shows only the audio cards on your system that have WDM drivers. Follow the steps to enable SONAR to access all of the audio drivers on your system.
- The first thing to do is check the Audio Hardware Guide and make sure your sound card or interface is set up properly. If it already is set up or your interface isn't listed, start SONAR, click Options | Audio | Advanced Tab and select "Always Use MME" or change the Driver Mode to "MME 32bit". Close SONAR and restart. You should now see all MME audio devices.
- Enabling this option will force the WDM driver to go through the slower MME interface. If you use only WDM driver, leave this options unchecked for optimum performance (lower latency).
- SONAR's AUD.INI file may have become corrupted.
Easy FIX- In later versions, go to Options | Audio | Advanced and click the [Reset Config to Defaults] button. After-wards, click on the [Reload Config Settings] button. In versions prior to version 8, close SONAR and delete the AUD.INI file from the SONAR program folder. To locate the AUD.ini file, use one of the following methods:
Method 1: It may be easiest to find it under Start | Search for All Files and Folders, make sure you check the Advanced options and search Hidden Files also.
- Open the Run Command.
- In Windows XP this can be done by going to Start | Run.
- In Windows Vista this can be done by holding down the "Windows" key and pressing "r".
- At the prompt type in the following:
- Navigate to your SONAR, Music Creator, or Guitar Tracks Pro folder and you should find the AUD.ini file.
After deleting the AUD.ini file and restarting SONAR you may need to point the app to your Audio Data folder under Options | Global | Audio Data (Options | Audio | Advanced Tab | Data Directory field in older versions).
Advanced Fix- Close SONAR. Open SONAR's AUD.INI file in Notepad . Delete everything listed beneath the line Picture Dir=C:\Cakewalk Projects\Picture Cache. Save the file and restart SONAR.