Release Note: The SONAR 4.0.3 maintenance release was updated on 8/4/05 to ensure the patch successfully updates the cw13auto.dll file to version 18.104.22.1681. you should install this 4.0.3 update if:
- You're running SONAR version 4.02 (or earlier)
- Or if the cw13auto.all file on your system is older than version 13.0.361
Please note you must have SONAR 4.0.2 installed in order to install the 4.0.3 patch. The 4.03 patch can be applied to English, Spanish,French, and German language installations of SONAR 4, either from copies purchased directly from Cakewalk and North American retail outlets, or from the SONAR 4 European version. This patch will not update the SONAR 4 downloadable Web Demo version or the SONAR 4 Test Drive Kit.
The SONAR 4.0.3 update Patch focuses on work flow enhancements and dramatically smoother audio playback while making various real-time gestures.
Work flow enhancements:
- Added a fast and easy menu command to specify which SMPTE time should correspond to the current Now Time.
- Auto Punch muting: SONAR will mute all existing clips in the Auto Punch time range of armed track(s) When recording audio or MIDI in Auto Punch & Sound-on-Sound (blend) mode.
Dramatically smoother audio playback while making the following real-time gestures:
- copying, moving, nudging,splitting and slip-editing clips
- Moving events in the Piano Roll view
- Inserting/Deleting effects, including delay-compensated effects
- Enabling/Disabling looping
- Moving the Now Time (in projects without video)
- Inserting/Deleting new tracks or buses that route to existing audio ports
- Enabling/Disabling a send on a track or bus that routes to an existing audio port
- Opening the GUI of an inserted VST plug-in
Notable Bug Fixes
- SONAR is now much less susceptible to dropping out under heavy CPU loads.
- Interactions with graphics drivers sometimes caused SONAR to emit clicks in the audio.
- Sometimes it was not possible to monitor existing audio while recording if the metronome was using a count-in
- Muted clip regions would sometimes not remain muted when continuously looping a section
- If an ASIO audio driver request a reset during playback or recording, SONAR will now delay the reset until the transport has stopped.
- Audio and MIDI track strips now restore to the last known height instead of the default height after saving and opening a project file.
- Under certain circumstances, SONAR would stop responding to in coming MTC messages.
- CAL scripts would always use a resolution of 960 PPQ instead of the actual display/Project PPQ.
- A MIDI track's Vel+slider in the Tracks view did not update when setting Vel+ from the Track-property menu command.
- While recording Volume automation, the audible volume could be inconsistent with the resulting envelope in certain circumstances.
- Exporting to ASCII Tab didn't save complete text file
- It was sometimes possible to record onto archived tracks.
- A crash could occur when opening a Type 1 DV file on a dual processor or Hyper-Threading PC.
- Mix down could be aborted and a memory error could occur when exporting tracks ("Tracks" selected as the Source Category in the Export Audio dialog) from a large project.
- MIDI tracks Would keep playing for a brief moment after playback was stopped if "Play Effects Tails" was enabled.
- SONAR would fail to load certain OMF that contained large unnecessary "filter" data that was stored after valid track data.
After installing the 4.0.3 update, please see the ReadMe file for more information.
In order to access this free download you must be a registered SONAR 4 Producer or SONAR 4 Studio customer. If you have not registered your product you can register online now
Note: This download will patch the SONAR 4 web Demo nor the SONAR 4 Test Drive.
SONAR 4.0.3 Update Patch