The information in this article applies to:
- SONAR 5
- SONAR 4
- SONAR 3
- SONAR Home Studio 4
- Guitar Tracks Pro 3
- Home Studio 2 & 2XL
- Music Creator 2
- Project5 Version 2
- Project5 Version 1
Note: SONAR 6 (or later) and Project5 version 2.5 users do not require use of the Cakewalk VST Adapter.
What do I need to know before I install the Cakewalk VST Adapter?
SONAR 3 users should update to the SONAR 3.1.1 before installing these updates.
Project5 users should update to Project5 1.5 before installing these updates.
The most recent version of the Cakewalk VST Adapter is version 22.214.171.124. To install the 126.96.36.199 patch, you must already have a Cakewalk VST Adapter version 4.x.x.x installed. You can access this patch from the link below:
Download the Cakewalk VST Adapter 188.8.131.52 Patch
This update includes enhancements and bug fixes for the following issues:
- Timing could drift and/or result in a drop out when looping sections of a project while VST(i)'s were active
- Incorrect time could be reported to plug-ins such as Groove Agent or Jamstix, and other plug-ins which have internal sequencers
- UAD Err=21 problem
- UAD Err=30 (buffer size mismatch error) which arose when changing audio buffer sizes
- VST synths did not loop correctly in Project5 Version 2
- Automation in SONAR now renders properly when a delay compensated VST effect is patched into a project and the playback start point is later than 1:01:000.
- Problems with Voxengo VST plugins and the VST Adapter - Fixed by Delay Compensation feature.
- Wrapped VSTs sometimes processed only one channel on stereo wave files
- MDA Piano VST causes an error when scanned by the VST Adapter - You now get a warning and can force the scan of the plugin. It then may work within your DX host application. In the case of MDA Piano it now can be forced to be scanned and it works after scanning.
- The Sub-Divide menu option does not add breaks to the VST menus. This option simply couldn't work so it was removed.
- VST Adapter sometimes incorrectly reports wrapped plugins as "VST has not been correctly installed, please re-run the adapter".
- VST Adapter scanned VST folders using DOS names instead of long names, sometimes resulting in some plugins not appearing in the host. All plugins previously effected by this should appear now.
- Improved compatibility with DSP cards