NOTE: This article is only for customers who have upgraded to the full version of True Pianos via the SONAR Producer Elite Version Upgrades.
After purchasing the Elite Upgrade for True Pianos, you will be sent a separate serial number (or coupon code) via email. You will need to register with this number at the True Pianos authorization page. Once you have access to the downloads section, be sure to download and install the latest VSTi and all of the various modules.
Some customers have reported that the full version of True Pianos does not show up as a valid VSTi or does not display the additional modules (Sapphire, Diamond, Emerald, Amber, etc..). Please take the following steps to remove the old version (True Pianos Amber) so only the full version of True Pianos is displayed.
- Open SONAR and go to Tools | Cakewalk Plug-in Manager.
- Click on the "VST Instrument (VSTi)" category. You should see two instances of "TruePianos". One is the limited edition installed with SONAR Producer (including only the Amber module) the other is the full version that refers to C:\Program Files\TruePianos\Content for its modules. Click on each instance of TruePianos and take note of its location under the Filename field below.
- In Windows, navigate to the VST folder where both TruePianos.dll files reside. We need to check the sizes of each .dll file. Right-click and choose Properties. The limited version will actually be the larger file (119mb). This is because the Amber module is integrated into the .dll. The full version will be around 4mb, which refers to the True Pianos Content folder.
- Delete the larger (119mb) file.
- Back in SONAR, go to Options | Global | VST Plug-ins. Now scan the directory where the full version of True Pianos resides.
You should now have the full version of True Pianos showing, with all of the downloaded modules (Sapphire, Diamond, Emerald, Amber, etc..).