The information in this article applies to:
- pyro Audio Creator
- pyro Audio Creator LE
- TDK Life on Record Vinyl Recorder
The Tagger is a quick and easy tool for editing the tags embedded in MP3 files. Tags provide information about the song, album, artist, etc. You can edit tags in one or more files at a time as well as attach images (album art).
The Tagger has a lot of options for controlling tags and filenames. However, here's the most direct way to edit tags:
- Drag one or more MP3 files onto the Tagger button in the Toolbar.
The Tagger module appears, displaying the files you dragged, with the first file you dragged selected.
- Configure the selected file by enabling the Tags from File radio button, and edit any of the fields in this section. This is also where you can add album art to your file: enable the Album Art checkbox, and then drag a .jpeg file to the rectangle that's above the Album Art checkbox. You can clear the rectangle by right-clicking it and choosing Clear Artwork from the popup menu.
Tip: if all the files in the Tagger share a common characteristic, for example if they are all from the same artist, you can tag all the files at once with that same tag information just by filling in one tag field, and then clicking the checkbox that is next to the field. This fills in the same field for all the files in the Tagger.
- Click the Write Tags button, select the next file in the list to tag, repeat steps 2 and 3 for each file you want to tag.
- Click Close to close the dialog.
To learn about file renaming and other options, see "The Tagger Module" in the help files.