This is related to the implementation of User Account Control on Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. To enter your serial number/registration code, do the following:
- Right-click on the icon to launch your Cakewalk product
- Select “Run as Administrator”
- If prompted with a message Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?, make sure to click [Yes]
- Enter your Registration Code and click [Complete]
At this point your product should be fully registered.
NOTE: If you are trying to activate SONAR X1 LE, SONAR 8.5 LE or SONAR 6 LE and cannot fit your registration code into the dialogue box, you may have registered the wrong product. If you mistakenly registered SONAR LE, which is based on SONAR 4, you would receive a number that begins with “CWSL-4.00.” This is not the correct registration code to enter.
Click below to register the correct version of SONAR LE and receive the correct registration code.
- Click here to register SONAR X1 LE
- Click here to register SONAR 8.5 LE
- Click here to register SONAR 6 LE