NOTE - The following updates apply only to versions installed from the Audio FX discs. If you have downloaded Audio FX 1, 2 and 3 from our Cakewalk Store, then the updates below are not necessary.
Cakewalk Audio FX 1 Patch
This patch addresses certain issues with the Dynamics Processor plug-in.
Cakewalk Audio FX 2 Patch
This patch corrects a problem that occurs when using the FX 2 plug-in effects in realtime. Performance may stutter, eventually stopping playback. This patch upgrades Cakewalk Audio FX 2 to version 2.01.
You should install this patch if the bottom of your Audio FX 2 installation CD says "CWAFX 2.00". Later versions of the install CD show "CWAFX2.01" around their perimeter. Version 2.01 owners DO NOT need this patch.
To download and apply the patch:
- Download FX2-101.EXE to the Cakewalk Audio FX 2 directory. The default directory is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Audio FX Pack 2.
- Open the Cakewalk Audio FX 2 directory using Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the file FX2-101.EXE to begin installation.
- Select Yes in the Cakewalk Audio FX 2 upgrade dialog to install the upgrade patch.
- The upgrade installation will open a file dialog and ask you to locate the Cakewalk Audio FX 2 directory. If you followed the instructions in step 1 you should already be in the current directory. If you are not in the Cakewalk Audio FX 2 already, find the Cakewalk Audio FX 2 directory. Once you're in the Cakewalk Audio FX 2 directory, select the Open button.
- In the Confirm v1.01 dialog, accept the defaults and select the YES button. The Cakewalk Audio FX 2 patch upgrade will now be installed.
Cakewalk Audio FX 3 Patch
SoundStage 1.01 comes with thirty new presets. Click this link to read about the new presets.
In addition, SoundStage 1.01 contains fixes for the following issues present in version 1.0:
- SoundStage media timing information was not being updated properly, so DirectX host applications that use this information were not able to read it from SoundStage.
- SoundStage generated intermittent crashes in some DirectX host applications, usually upon initial insertion of the plug-in. The problem was detected in Sonic Foundry's Acid 2.0 and Canam Quartz Audio Pro.
- SoundStage generated intermittent crashes when the trapping value was set to 90%. The problem was detected in Sonic Foundry's Acid 2.0.