- SONAR X1 Producer
- Dimension Pro
IMPORTANT: These instructions are for users who wish to completely remove their old installation of Dimension Pro (included with SONAR 8, SONAR 8.5 or as a separate purchase) so that they can install Dimension Pro from full Dimension Pro 1.5 installer (which is included with SONAR X1 Producer).
If you do not fall into this category, we STRONGLY recommend contacting Technical Support for assistance with your Dimension Pro related issue.
To completely remove traces of Dimension Pro, do the following:
1) Run the Dimension Pro uninstaller. This is normally done by going to Start > Control Panel and clicking on Programs and Features (Windows Vista and Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP). In Add or Remove Programs, select Dimension Pro and click on "Uninstall".
2) After running the uninstaller, you will want to remove Dimension Pro's registry keys by doing the following.
a) Open the run prompt by holding down the Windows key on your keyboard and pressing "R"
b) In the Run Prompt, type in the following: regedit
c) Click [OK] and the Registry Editor will be opened
d) ***Back up your Registry before making any changes. You can do this by left clicking on "Computer" in the registry and then going to File | Export.
e) After backing up your Registry, you will want to delete the following registry keys. Delete the last folder in the chain of these keys by right-clicking on them and selecting "delete". In most cases, the folder you will be deleting will be named "Dimension Pro" or "dp". If you do not have some of the registry keys below, it is okay simply proceed to the next one on the list. Here are the keys to look for:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\dp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\dp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\dp
3) After deleting the above keys, manually delete the contents of your Dimension Pro folder. This will remove all of your multisamples. The default location for this is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro or C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
4) Disable AntiMalware applications that may interfere with your software installations.
a) Open the Run Prompt again by holding down the Windows key on your keyboard and pressing "R".
b) Type in the following: msconfig
c) Click [OK] and the System Configuration utility will open.
d) Click on the Startup Tab and remove any check marks next to any AntiVirus or AntiSpyware applications that you may have installed on your computer.
e) Click [Apply] and then restart your computer. You can always recheck those items at a later time be revisiting the System Configuration utility.
5) At this point, it is safe to reinstall Dimension Pro from the installer included with SONAR X1 Producer using your CWDM-1.50-XXXXXX-XXXXXX serial number.