When installing the downloadable version of Music Creator 6, you may run into the following error message:
This message indicates that it cannot locate Part 2 of the installation. If you click the [Cancel] button, it will give you the message:
The required volume is absent
CRC failed in Setup-6.bin
This message means that the installer is having trouble locating the Music_Creator_6_02.Part2.rar file so that it can extract the rest of the installer. For the installation to work you need both the Part1.exe and Part2.rar files located in the same folder on your computer and to be named correctly.
To resolve this, try taking the following steps:
- Create a new folder on your computer's desktop and name it "Music Creator 6 Installers"
- Place all of your Music Creator 6 downloaded files into this folder. This includes the ReadMe file as well as Part 1 and Part 2.
- Make sure your files are named correctly. Some web browsers may change the names during the download process. You can rename the files by right-clicking on them and selecting "Rename".
- If you DO NOT have Windows set to show file extensions by default, name the files "Music_Creator_6_02.Part1" and "Music_Creator_6_02.Part2" exactly (without the quotes).
- If you DO have Windows set to show file extensions by default, name the files "Music_Creator_6_02.Part1.exe" and "Music_Creator_6_02.Part2.rar" exactly (without the quotes).
- Once the files are renamed, double-click on Music_Creator_6_02.Part1 to begin the installation process and follow the on screen instructions.