The information in this article applies to:
- SONAR 8 Producer Edition x64
- Dimension Pro x64
In certain cases the x64 version of Dimension Pro will fail to insert as a soft synth in SONAR 8 x64 edition in Windows Vista and display the error message "Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed"
Until an update is made available there are two workarounds for this issue, details on both are below.
Option 1 - Always run SONAR as an administrator
This is an easier solution but requires running SONAR 8 with elevated user permissions. This can be done by right-clicking on your SONAR 8 shortcut (from either the desktop or start menu) and choosing Run As Administrator from the context menu. When prompted by UAC click the Allow button to launch SONAR 8. Alternatively you can configure a shortcut to do this action for you automatically, to do this:
- Right-click on your SONAR 8 shortcut and choose Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Under the section labeled 'Privilege Level' place a check in the box for "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click the Apply button and then click OK
Note: you will need to perform the above procedure for all the SONAR 8 shortcuts that you use on your computer.
Option 2 - Relocate Dimension Pro's Content
This solution is a little more involved but does not require elevated permissions for SONAR 8 to load the synth correctly. If you would prefer to use this method, please do the following:
- Browse to Dimension Pro's install directory the default path is:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
- Select and copy all of the contents of this directory, you can do this by holding SHIFT and clicking on each item in the folder or by typing CTRL + A to select all the items. Then either right-click and choose Copy or type CTRL +C to copy the contents
- Browse to Dimension Pro's x64 directory, the path for this is:
- C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
- Paste the contents into this directory, this can be done by right-clicking and choosing Paste or by typing Ctrl + V
Note:If you have your Multisamples folder set to any directory other than the default installation path you will need to move it as well into Dimension Pro's installation folder or the synth will fail to load programs correctly.