The information in this article applies to
- REAC Recording System
If you experience a crash when recording and monitoring you may be able to eliminate it by modifying the ini variable SafeModeBuffering. This variable is a switch that tells the REAC ASIO driver which buffer routine to use, either the optimized hand tuned method or the less optimal code. To switch it, do the following:
- Ensure you have the 1.1 driver update installed. You can find this update here.
- Close all open applications
- Open the Run Prompt, this can be done by holding down the [Windows] key on your keyboard and then press [R]
- Type the following into the prompt:
- Click OK
- This will open a folder, locate and open the file named 'REAC' or 'REAC.INI' by double-clicking on it
- Locate the line that reads:
- Modify it to read:
- Click File | Save and then close all open windows and retest the SONAR REAC system.