The information in this article applies to:
- SONAR X2 Producer & Studio
- SONAR X1 Producer & Studio
- SONAR 8.5 Producer & Studio
- SONAR 8 Producer
- SONAR 7 Producer
If you receive a Run Time error during playback, when working with V-Vocal, or if the program closes unexpectedly, the issue may be caused by Cronus.dll. This dll controls V-Vocal, which is hard-coded into SONAR. In some cases, enabling this dll from the Cakewalk Plug-in Manager has been known to resolve the issue.
Please try the following to resolve this error:
- Click Tools | Cakewalk Plugin Manager (Utilities > Cakewalk Plug-in Manager in SONAR X1/X2)
- Select the “Show Excluded” button in the bottom left corner
- If you see Cronus in the list of Registered Plug-ins first select it and then click the Enable Plugin button also located in the bottom left corner. This will remove it from the Excluded Plug-ins List.
- Once the plug-in has been enabled you will need to restart SONAR