Although Music Creator 5 is not a native 64-bit application, it will install and function under a 64-bit OS. There are a few extra steps that need to be taken in order for it to install and function properly.
For the downloaded copy of Music Creator and Cakewalk Sound Center, please take the following steps:
- Right-click on the setup file
- Go to Properties | click the Compatibility tab
- Check the box Run in Compatibility Mode and Run this Program as Administrator. Leaving Windows XP (SP3) selected.
- Do this for both the Sound Center installer as well as Music Creator 5.
- Run the installers.
- Once complete, go through the same steps above with the Music Creator 5 shortcut that you will be using.
- Download the Music Creator 5.0.5 Update. If you have Music Creator LE, download the Music Creator LE 5.0.6 Update.
For the DVD version, navigate to Computer, right-click on your DVD ROM drive and click Open. Now go through the steps above by right-clicking the Setup file on the disc.
Note - Windows 7 x64 uses the Program Compatibility Assistant, which should pick up the needed settings automatically. Click Reinstall in Compatibility Mode if prompted.
In order for the various soft synths (including Sound Center) to be picked up by the VST Scanner, you must manually add the (x86) VST Plug-ins path:
- Go to Options | Global | VST Plug-ins
- Click Add and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\vstplugins
- Once added, click the Scan VST Folders button