Contact Cakewalk Support
We provide a number of different resources to help you address support concerns. Please make sure you are contacting the correct department so that we can assist you more efficiently.
Get help with Cakewalk store orders or pre-purchase information.
Get help with your registering and unlocking your product past the trial period.
Free technical support for troubleshooting an issue with your product (select products only)
International Sales & Support
Outside of the U.S.? You can purchase directly from your local Cakewalk distributor or contact local support provided by our partners.
Found a defect? Is a feature not working as intended? Send a report directly to
our Development & Quality Assurance teams.
Have a great idea for a current or future Cakewalk product? We'd love to hear from you! Send it our way!
Holidays and closures
Cakewalk is closed in observance of the following holidays listed below. While we
will make every effort to respond to any questions as quickly as possible you should
expect a longer than normal response time around holidays.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- Presidents' Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving weekend (fourth Thursday and Friday in November)
- Christmas closures 2013: Tuesday, December 24th & Wednesday, December 25th
- New Year's 2014: Cakewalk will be closed on Wednesday, January 1st
Technical Support Policies
Technical support is only available to registered users of the products listed below.
If your product is not on the following list, check out our support resources for assistance.
The following software products are supported over the phone and via email by Cakewalk:
- SONAR X2 Producer, Studio and Essential
- SONAR X1 Expanded, Producer, Studio and Essential
- Dimension Pro
- Z3TA+ 2
The following software products are only supported via email by Cakewalk:
- CA-2A Leveling Amplifier
- RE-2A Leveling Amplifier
- Music Creator 6 Touch
- Music Creator 6
- Guitar Tracks Pro 4
- Guitar Tracks (included with V-Studio 20)
- pyro Audio Creator
- SONAR Home Studio 7 and 7XL
- SONAR VS (included with V-Studio 100)
The following hardware products are supported by Roland:
- V-Studio products
- Cakewalk Audio/MIDI Interfaces
- Cakewalk MIDI Controllers & Keyboards
- Cakewalk Desktop Monitors
For instructions on contacting Roland U.S. click here. Outside of the United States? Click here.
Please note: for LE products such as SONAR LE, Music Creator LE, Audio Creator
LE and Trial versions, support is limited to installation and registration assistance.
LE and Trial users can find additional resources on the Cakewalk web site. Be sure
to check out our support resources, FAQ and product-specific support information.
Your product's serial number is required to verify your registration, be sure to
have it ready when calling or filling out the support form on our website. You can
find your serial number within most Cakewalk products by clicking Help > About.
To better serve the needs of all users technical issues and ensure that all users
are assisted as quickly as possible we are unable to offer how-to or tutorial services
with using your Cakewalk product. We will be happy to point you in the direction
of the appropriate documentation to help get you started as well as suggest other
Hours of Operation & Contact information
Order & Registration Support
- 1 PM - 6 PM Eastern Time
- Monday through Friday
- 617.423.9021 (Boston)
- 323.370.6701 (Los Angeles)
- Email Tech Support
Dealer & Distributor Sales