Can I record songs streaming from the internet?The information in this article applies to:
- Pyro 2004
- Media Works
- Cakewalk PYRO Plus
- pyro 5
- Audio Creator
- Audio Creator LE
- You'll need to open the windows Volume Controls. Do this double on the small speaker icon next to your clock, on the bottom right corner of your screen (or choose Start| Programs | Accessories | Multimedia or Entertainment | Volume Control).
- Then choose Options| Properties | Adjust Volume for Recording, and make sure all boxes below are checked. Click OK. Now look for the slider marked 'What you Hear' or 'Stereo Mix' check the box at the bottom marked select and make sure that the volume fader is up. This will record all output coming from your sound card.
- Close the window down and open up your Internet radio. Next open up Pyro , click on the Make Audio CD Tab, and set up the audio recorder (click the small button up top that looks like a microphone). You should be getting a signal. press Start Recording or set the timer for the amount of time you need to record by pressing the Timed Recording button.
In Audio Creator and set up the audio recorder under the Editor. Press the Record buttonto arm the recorder. You should be getting a signal. Press play tostart the recording. If this does not work, try the Windows SoundRecorder. If it doesn't work here either, your sound card or driver maynot be capable of rerouting the output to an input. You could alwaystry using a stereo 1/8th inch cable and connect the Speaker jack to theLine-in jack.
For Windows Vista Users:
Go to Start | Control Panel and open Sound. Click the Recording tab and look for something like Stereo Mix, What You Hear or something similar. We're looking for the input that records everything coming out of your outputs. If you don't see an options like that, it is possible that it is hidden. To show the hidden items:
- In the Control Panel, click on Classic view.
- Click on Sound.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Right-click any of the devices that are listed.
- Check "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices."
- The Stereo Mix option should appear.
- Save as your default settings.
Next open up Pyro or Audio Creator, set up the recorder and record the audio being played back from the internet.
This page last updated: 9/17/2009Back to Top