Rapture Microtuning and Alternative TuningsRapture Microtuning and Alternative Tunings
Rapture is compatible with Scala Tuning files. Scala is a powerful freeware software tool for experimentation with musical tunings, such as historical temperaments, microtonal scales, and non-Western scales.
To load a microtuning definition for any element:
- Select the Pitch Modulator for that element.
- Click on the Keytrack window. (See Image?)
- A 'File.Open' dialog box will appear.
- Select the microtuning definition file of your choice.
The Keytrack window will display a graphical representation of the selected tuning scale. A tooltip will display the currently loaded definition file.
To reset an element to standard tuning:
- Select the Pitch Modulator for that element
- Shift-click on the Keytrack window.
For more information about Scala, visit the Scala home page at http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/. Here you will find information about scala files and creating your own tunings
Rapture includes over 3000 Scala tuning definition files with the default installation. Tuning definition files can be downloaded for free from: http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/downloads.html
This page last updated: 2/10/2011