SONAR X1c and SONAR X1 Producer Expanded QuickFixes
Notice - This article is expired
The information contained within is considered deprecated either due to a newer update being available or the information contained within no longer being applicable. We have left this article up for archival purposes, however we recommend looking for more recent information or updates pertaining to this topic.
- SONAR X1 Producer Expanded
- SONAR X1 Producer
- SONAR X1 Studio
- SONAR X1 Essential
PLEASE NOTE: To access the installer you must have your serial number handy and be registered with us. If you have not already registered, you can do so here.
Fixes included in both SONAR X1c and SONAR X1 Producer Expanded:
- Resolved a serious crash when inserting a soft synth and opening the Synth Rack if the Brower was not already opened. (CWBRN-6513)
- Resolved a crash when deleting loops from the Media Browser. (CWBRN-5749)
- Resolved an issue where the Control Bar would appear blank when SONAR auto-saved in a minimized state. (CWBRN-3962, CWBRN-4381, CWBRN-4317, CWBRN-4072, CWBRN-5323, CWBRN-5489, CWBRN-5770, CWBRN-5788, CWBRN-5882, CWBRN-6302, CWBRN-6870)
- Resolved inaccuracies when using the Freehand draw tool in the PRV to adjust velocities while Snap was enabled. (CWBRN-6098, CWBRN-5982)
- Resolved a crash when choosing a ProChannel Preset from the Track Inspector.
- PRV Specific Snap now works correctly with Drum Maps and Continuous Controller data in the PRV. (CWBRN-5769, CWBRN-5786, CWBRN-5822, CWBRN-6122, CWBRN-6415, CWBRN-6129, CWBRN-6660)
- Resolved an issue where the Inspector would not follow the Active Track when selecting busses in the Console view. (CWBRN-5771, CWBRN-5775)
Fixes unique to SONAR X1c:
- Resolved a potential crash in Essential when manipulating the EQ plot (CWBRN-5747)
- There is now a per track context menu available to toggle the global enable status for the entire ProChannel strip of a track (Producer Only). Access by right-clicking over a PC module and selecting Enable.
Fixes unique to SONAR X1 Producer Expanded:
- Aim Assist no longer turns off unintentionally when dragging clips or moving the Now Time (CWBRN-6329)
- Resolved an issue where Expanded would report a "You have too many plug-ins..." message on startup. (CWBRN-6287)
- Resolved an issue where the VST Scanner would reset changes made to VST Plug-in Properties when re-scanning existing plug-ins. (CWBRN-6286)
- Resolved an issue where CTRL + Dragging and dropping a plug-in in the Console View or Inspector would not copy the effect's settings. (CWBRN-6298, CWBRN-6526)
- "Give all Keystrokes to Plug-in button" is no longer missing from X1 Expanded. (CWBRN-6459, CWBRN-6468, CWBRN-6654, CWBRN-6656)
- Resolved an issue where deleting effects from an FX Chain could unintentionally remove knobs/buttons.
- Resolved unintentional scrolling when clicking between Track and Bus panes.
- Resolved an issue where focusing Buses in the Console View would scroll to and focus a different bus under certain circumstances (CWBRN-6859)
- Resolved an issue where re-ordering ProChannel modules in certain presets could result in speed up audio during playback. (CWBRN-6370)
- Resolved an issue where ProChannel modules could not be properly disabled when saved in a Track Template. (CWBRN-6432)
- Resolved an issue where Saturation Knob could not be disabled if saved in "Set Modules as Default for Tracks".
- Resolved an issue preventing mouse wheel scrolling from occurring in ProChannel under certain circumstances. (CWBRN-6833)
- To access this QuickFix you must be a registered SONAR X1c or SONAR X1 Producer Expanded customer. If you have not already registered, you can do so here.
- IMPORTANT: To receive the correct QuickFix installer, make sure you are providing the correct serial number for your currently installed version of SONAR. If you own Expanded, you do not want to run an X1c QuickFix.
- If you have SONAR X1c, provide your SONAR X1 Serial Number. This will provide you with the correct SONAR X1c QuickFix installer for your version (Essential, Studio, Producer)
- If you have SONAR X1 Producer Expanded or the SONAR X1 Production Suite, you will want to provide your new Expanded or Production Suite serial number. This will provide you with the SONAR X1 Producer Expanded QuickFix installer.
- SONAR X1c or SONAR X1 Producer Expanded MUST be installed to use the respective QuickFix
- SONAR X1c is available here.
- SONAR X1 Producer Expanded is only available from your Cakewalk Store account
- Download the QuickFix installer and save it to a location you can access on your computer
- Double-click on the .exe file to begin installation
Backup & Recovery
The QuickFix installer will automatically backup your existing SONAR installation. The default location for the backup will be C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR VERSION\Backup\DATE\Version_Build.Number
You can revert to the official build you had previously installed by doing the following:
- Navigate to the location you have SONAR installed. In most cases this is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR X1 Version or C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\SONAR X1 Version
- Open the "Backup" folder and then open the Folder titled with the date you ran the QuickFix installer. Contained within should be a folder titled the version number that was backed up.
- Example: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR X1 Producer\Backup\12082011\Version_18.104.22.1685
- Example: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR X1 Producer
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded only:
- Repeat this same technique to where your Softube Saturation Knob is installed. In most cases this is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\Softube or C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\Softube
Having a Problem with your QuickFix?
We may already have a solution for you. Click here to download the PLEASE_READ_SONARX1_QuickFix_FAQ. (Approx. 300 KB)
These fixes have been rolled into more recent updates of SONAR X1 and as a result these installers are no longer available. This article is for documenting the fixes only. To update your copy of SONAR to obtain the latest fixes and enhancements, please download and install the latest update from here.
This page last updated: 2/28/2012