SONAR X3d - Switching between Media Foundation and DirectShow Video EnginesThe information in this article applies to:
- SONAR X3d Producer
- SONAR X3d Studio
- SONAR X3d
If you experience compatibility issues with video files that worked well with previous versions of SONAR, you can globally revert to the DirectShow video engine by adding a configuration entry to AUD.INI:
To do this:
- Launch SONAR and then go to Edit > Preferences
- Click the "Edit Config File" button in Preferences | Configuration File
- Add the following lines at the top of the file:
- Save the file from Notepad
- Click "Reload Config Settings"
NOTE: The Media Foundation engine in SONAR X3D does not support Windows Vista. If you are running Windows Vista your video engine will default to using DirectShow.
This page last updated: 12/12/2013