Note: The Console view has additional controls to configure its appearance. See Console view for more information.Meters are helpful in determining the relative volumes of your audio tracks and in detecting and preventing overload. By default, the Console view displays output level meters in main out modules at all times, and displays record level meters in individual tracks whenever they are armed and have an audio input. The display of meters, however, can place a considerable load on your computer. Showing only the peak indicators, or hiding the meters entirely, can reduce the load on your computer. This may increase the number of audio tracks and real-time effects you can play back at one time.
1. Click the Track view Tracks menu and choose Track Manager to open the Track Manager dialog box.
3. Click OK.
Right-click on the module and choose Hide Track or Hide Bus.
Click the Track view Options menu, point to Meter Options and select one of the following options:
Track Record Meters. Displays record meters for any armed track.
Track Playback Meters. Displays playback meters.
Bus Meters. Displays meters in buses.
2. Select Insert Stereo Bus or Insert Surround Bus from the menu that appears.
2. Select Delete Bus from the menu that appears.
2. Select Insert Send for a list of buses available.
2. Right-click on the control and choose Value > Set Snap-To=Current.
2. Choose Insert Audio Track or Insert MIDI Track.
3. If you rename a track, the new name is copied to the Track view. If no name has been assigned to a track, the Console view and Track view display the track’s number.
2. Click the Link button .
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.