Using the Export button is fine if you have a single export. But what if you want to tweak your project and export again, or you want several different types of exports? You may want a task for exporting your stems, another task for exporting individual tracks, and another for exporting your final mix as a stereo file.You can create multiple export tasks, such as stems or different file formats, and add them to an export queue. A task in the export queue contains the set of export settings including the mix settings, filename, location, selection, and the time range. You can add as many export tasks as you like, and run all export tasks as a batch without any user intervention.A. Add task to queue B. Task queue C. Summary D. Run Tasks
1. To create a task, simply go through the normal process of defining your export, then instead of clicking the Export button, click the Add Task to Queue button . This adds a task with the current settings to the task queue.If you are exporting multiple files as part of a task, a list of the filenames will be shown in a confirmation prompt. Any further prompts required for additional format settings will also be shown at this time, and … that way, you won’t get any prompts when you actually run the task.
To the right of the task name you’ll see the number of files to be exported by each task, an estimated size (if it’s a wave file), and a summary of the file format.
1. Do one of the following:The task’s settings are recalled in the Export Audio dialog box.
3. Click the task’s menu button , then select Update Task with Current Settings.The current export settings are applied to the task. All other tasks in the task queue remain unchanged.To rename a task, do one of the following:
Right-click the task and select Rename.
Click the task’s menu button , then select Rename.
1. Do one of the following:This recalls all the task settings in the Export Audio dialog box.
3. Click the Add Task to Queue button .
To delete a single task, right-click the task and select Delete, or click the task’s menu button , then select Delete.
Tasks are automatically unchecked on successful completion and show a icon. Canceled tasks show a icon. To reset a task so it will execute again the next time you click Run Tasks, simply check the task.
Clicking on the Run Tasks button resets all checked tasks before executing each task.
While the queue is running, the Run Tasks button changes to a Cancel button, which allows you to cancel the execution of the task queue at any time.
The checked status of a task persists when opening/closing the Export Audio dialog box, and with the project.Tasks are automatically unchecked on successful completion. To reset a task so it will execute again the next time you click Run Tasks, simply check the task.A. Completed export B. Canceled export C. Unselected tasks will not execute when you click Run Tasks D. Selected tasks will execute when you click Run TasksWhile the queue is running, the Run Tasks button changes to a Cancel button, which allows you to cancel the in-progress queue export at any time. Any canceled tasks show a “Canceled” icon .To open a task’s export location, click the task’s menu button , then select Open Export Location.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.