You assign each track to a MIDI or an audio output using the Output drop-down in the Track view. From then on, material on that track will be sent to the appropriate output device.
1. Click the Output drop-down of the track you want to assign.To assign a group of tracks to the same output, select the tracks you want to assign, then hold down the CTRL key and assign the Output control in any selected track. All selected tracks will be assigned to the same output.
Note: Outputs that are used by the External Insert plug-in (see External Insert plug-in) cannot be assigned to track and bus outputs. The only exceptions are master buses that have other instances of the External Insert plug-in routed to them.When you load a project, Cakewalk checks to see if the exact same output ports are assigned as when the project was saved. Cakewalk’s port assignments can change if you load the project on a different hardware configuration or change driver models. If there is any discrepancy between the port assignments that were saved and the ports that are used in the current configuration, the ports are set to “None” and the Silent Buses Detected dialog box displays all track and bus outputs from the current project that have been assigned to a silent output.The Silent Buses Detected dialog box also appears if any track or bus output is assigned to None as a result of changing the audio configuration. For more information, see Silent Buses Detected dialog.
2. Click the small drop-down arrow in any selected track’s Input control .The Input Port menu appears.
3. Choose Selected Track Inputs from the context menu.The Track Inputs dialog box opens with the selected tracks initially highlighted. You can modify the track selection from within the Track Inputs dialog box. For more information, see Track Inputs dialog.
2. Click the small drop-down arrow in the first selected track’s Input control .The Input Port menu appears.
3. Choose Selected Track Input Series from the context menu.The Assign Series of Inputs dialog box opens, which lets you choose the first input port in the series.Figure 3496. The Assign Series of Inputs dialog box.Cakewalk will assign consecutive mono input ports to the selected audio tracks, beginning with the track that was clicked in step 2. If a left or right input is selected, then mono inputs will be assigned. If a stereo input is selected, then stereo inputs will be assigned.
2. Click the small drop-down arrow in any selected track’s Output control .The Output Port menu appears.
3. Choose Selected Track Outputs from the context menu.The Track Outputs dialog box opens.
1. The Output Port menu appears.
2. Choose Set All Bus Outputs from the context menu.The Output port submenu appears.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.