Click the Add Module button in the Inspector and choose a module on the pop-up menu.
Right-click a module header or blank space in ProChannel and select Insert Module on the pop-up menu.Figure 469. Click the Add Module button to insert a new module.
Right-click the module header and select Remove Module on the pop-up menu.Right-click a module header or blank space in ProChannel and select Replace Module on the pop-up menu.The signal flows from top to bottom. Click a module’s gripper and drag the module up/down to the desired position.Click a module to make it the active module. The active module is shaded slightly. You can use ACT to control parameters in the active module, and all context menu commands operate on the active module when right-clicking an empty space in ProChannel.
To specify the default configuration for tracks. Right-click any empty space in a track’s ProChannel and select Set Modules as Default for Tracks on the pop-up menu.
To specify the default configuration for buses. Right-click any empty space in a bus’ ProChannel and select Set Modules as Default for Buses on the pop-up menu.By default, the ProChannel signal is routed prior to the channel’s FX Rack (pre). To route ProChannel after the FX Rack (post), right-click any empty space in ProChannel and select Post-FX Rack on the pop-up menu.The QuadCurve Equalizer graph is divided into four sections, which correspond to the Low, Low-Mid, Mid-High and High bands. When you move the mouse pointer over the graph, the current band is highlighted.
To change the plot resolution globally, right-click any QuadCurve Equalizer graph in the Console view and choose the desired resolution on the pop-up menu. The resolutions are as follows:Figure 471. QuadCurve Equalizer graph.A. Low band B. Low-Mid band C. Mid-High band D. High bandYou can copy settings from any ProChannel module and paste the settings to any other instance of the same module.
2. Figure 472. Module preset controls.A. Category type icon (click to open preset menu) B. Header bar (drag from here)Cakewalk lets you easily copy EQ settings from one track/bus (source) to another track/bus (target) when using the integrated per-channel EQ in the Console View or Track Inspector.To do so, hold down the CTRL, click the source EQ plot and drag to the target EQ plot, then release the mouse button and CTRL key.The EQ settings are copied from the source track/bus to the target track/bus. The target EQ will automatically be enabled if it was not already enabled.This command is undoable, so you can quickly and easily revert to a track/bus’ previous EQ settings.A. Hold down the CTRL key and left-click in the source EQ plot B. While still holding down the CTRL key and left mouse button, drag the mouse cursor to the target EQ plot and release the mouse button C. The source EQ plot is copied to the target EQ plot
2. Under Side Chain, click the On/Off toggle.
To load an existing preset, click the Load Preset button and navigate to the desired preset file.
To save a new preset or overwrite the current preset, click the Save Preset button , type a name, then click Save.
Note: To see the Load Preset and Save Preset buttons in the Inspector and collapsed Console view strips, hover the mouse over the Preset control.A. Current preset B. Load Preset C. Save PresetIn addition to saving presets of the entire ProChannel chain (all modules), you can also save and load presets of individual modules. The per module preset controls are located on the left side of each module header bar.Figure 475. Module preset controls.A. Category type icon (click to open preset menu) B. Previous preset C. Next presetThe preset menu stores a MRU list of the 8 most recently used preset to make it faster to select frequently used preset.
3. Type a name in the Save Preset dialog box, then click OK.To select the next preset, do one of the following:
Click the Next Preset button .To select the previous preset, do one of the following:
Click the Previous Preset button .
Note: ProChannel module presets are stored in the Windows Registry under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\ActiveMovie\Presets. You can export this registry branch in order to backup your presets. You can also rename and delete presets directly if you are comfortable with editing registry entries. Always back up the registry before making any changes manually.By default, the Track Inspector dynamically updates to show the current track. However, you can choose to always show a specific instance of ProChannel regardless of which track is current.
2. Click the ProCh button at the top of the Inspector.
3. Click the Track Name control at the bottom of the Inspector and select Lock the current track or bus from the drop-down menu.To unlock the track or bus, select Lock the current track or bus from the menu again.
Table 75. ProChannel keyboard shortcuts
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.