The Project > Insert Time/Measures command lets you insert any number of blank measures, ticks, seconds, or frames into a project. You can insert the blank measures (or other period of time) into all tracks or into one or more selected tracks. If you insert the blank time into the entire project, all events in each track—markers, meter and key settings, and tempo changes—are shifted automatically by default. If you insert the blank time into one or more selected tracks, only the events in those tracks are shifted by default. You can always choose which types of events should be shifted.
1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+A or select Edit > Select > None to make sure that no track or time range is selected.Figure 224. The Insert Time/Measures dialog box
1. Select Edit > Select > None to make sure that no track or time range is selected.
7. Click OK when you are done.
7. Click OK when you are done.
If there is any audio or MIDI data in the area you want to delete, you can use the Edit > Delete command to delete the area that you select. Portions of MIDI clips may have no data in them: they have boundaries but no dark lines inside—if that’s the case, use the following method.
If there is no data in the area you want to delete, you can simply drag any clips that come after the empty area to their proper destinations. You can also use this method if there is data in the area you want to delete—you just have to choose whether you want to replace the data in the deleted area, blend it with the data you’re moving, or slide it over to make room.To delete time when there is audio or MIDI data in the area you want to delete:
2. Set the Snap to Grid value to the unit of time you want to delete. For example, if you want to delete whole measures, set the Snap to Grid value to a whole measure.
3. In the Clips pane, select the measures or time you want to delete by dragging in the Time Ruler located just above the first track.
4. Select Edit > Delete Special.The Delete dialog box appears.
Delete Hole. If you want the data that comes after the hole to retain its same placement in a measure, check the Shift by Whole Measures option.
7. Click OK.To delete time when there is no audio or MIDI data in the area you want to delete (or if there is data, but you like to drag and drop):
1. Set the Snap to Grid value to the unit of time you want to delete. For example, if you want to delete whole measures, set the Snap to Grid value to a whole measure.
3. Drag one of the selected clips to its proper destination—the Drag and Drop Options dialog box appears.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.