SONAR has a custom controller/surface plug-in that allows a Roland A-PRO controller to control SONAR track, bus, and plug-in parameters (both effects and synths). This includes support for ACT (Active Controller Technology), which lets you use your controller to adjust plug-in parameters on whatever plug-in currently has focus.Figure 359. The A-PRO control surface plug-in enables full control of all SONAR tracks, buses, plug-ins and other parameters from your A-PRO MIDI keyboard controller.A. A-PRO MIDI keyboard controller B. Control surface plug-in C. SONAR
2. Choosing the correct Roland In Port in Edit > Preferences > MIDI - Control Surfaces.Please refer to the A-PRO owner’s manual for detailed instructions on how to configure and connect the A-PRO MIDI keyboard controller to your computer.Once you have made the necessary connections, you will need to configure your Cakewalk host program to recognize the A-PRO MIDI keyboard controller.
2. Go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI - Devices.
3. Select A-PRO 2 in both the Inputs and Outputs lists.
4. Click OK.
2. Go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI - Control Surfaces.
3. Click the Add Controller/Surface button , which opens the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box.
4. In the Controller/Surface field of the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box, select A-PRO.
5. Assign both Input Port and Output Port to A-PRO 2.
Note: Port 2 is the Controls Port, which is the port used by the A-PRO controls (rotaries, sliders, buttons and pads).
6. Click OK to close the Controller/Surface Settings dialog box.
7. In the Preferences dialog box (MIDI - Control Surfaces page), make sure that the WAI Display check boxes and the ACT Indicators check boxes are enabled, and click OK.Figure 360. ACT buttonWhen pressed, the ACT button launches the A-PRO control surface property page and allows your A-PRO MIDI keyboard controller to communicate with SONAR.
When you open a project, the A-PRO MIDI keyboard controller responds and reflects the layout of the loaded project.Now that your Roland A-PRO is connected, you can see which tracks and/or buses are being controlled by it by looking at the colored markings (the WAI display; see The WAI display for more information) in SONAR’s interface. Open the A-PRO property page by double-clicking the WAI display or by choosing A-PRO from the Utilities menu.Once the Roland A-PRO property page is open, press F1 on your computer keyboard to open the Help file for the property page.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.