Assigning controls on your controller/surface to cells in the ACT MIDI property pageEach cell or field on the Controllers tab of the ACT MIDI Controller property page lists the SONAR or plug-in parameter that is currently controlled by that cell. However, if your controller/surface does not have a preset, no knobs or sliders on your controller/surface will be assigned to that cell, or the knobs may be assigned in a pattern that you don’t prefer.If your controller/surface does not have a preset, or if you want to change the knobs and sliders that control specific cells in the ACT MIDI Controller property page, use the MIDI Learn function to assign knobs and sliders to cells:To assign controls on your controller/surface to cells in the ACT MIDI Controller property page
1. Click the cell on the Controllers tab of the ACT MIDI Controller property page that you want to control with a specific knob or control on your controller/surface. You can assign knobs to cells that do not currently list any SONAR or plug-in parameter.
2. Move the control on your controller/surface that you want to use to control that cell. This assigns the control to the cell.
3. You can edit the cell label by clicking the label and entering a new name in the Edit Label dialog box. This way you can immediately see which knobs or sliders on your controller/surface are controlling which cell in the ACT MIDI Controller property page.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for all the cells you want to control. Remember, you can assign controls to cells that do not currently list any SONAR or plug-in parameters.
5. When you are finished assigning controls to cells, save your work as a preset: choose a preset or type a new name in the Presets box, and click the Save button (floppy disk icon) that’s next to the Presets window.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.