X-Ray is not compatible with plug-ins that use DirectDraw to create their windows, such as many recent plug-ins by Waves. If a plug-in is not compatible with X-Ray, the plug-in's window will either flicker or not display properly. If you have any plug-ins that are affected by this, you can exclude the plug-in(s) from X-Ray by following these instructions:
1. Open the Cakewalk Plug-in Manager (Utilities > Cakewalk Plug-in Manager).
2. In the Plug-in Categories list, select the category that the plug-in you want to exclude is in.
3. In the Registered Plug-ins list, select the plug-in that you want to exclude.
4. If the plug-in is a DirectX effect, write down (or select and copy) the CLSID value that's in the CLSID field at the bottom of the dialog box.
5. If the plug-in is a VST or VSTi, write down the VST ID value that's in the VST ID field at the bottom of the dialog box.
6. Close the Cakewalk Plug-in Manager dialog box.
7. Use Notepad to open the XRayExclude.ini file that's in your SONAR program folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Cakewalk\SONAR <your version> .
8. At the end of the file, find the [EffectProps View] section.
9. Exclude your plug-in by creating a blank line below the last entry in the [EffectProps View] section, and then typing:XRayExclude[type the next available number in XRayExclude list, but without brackets]=[VST ID number, with no brackets, or CLSID number, with curly braces at start and finish]For example, if the last entry in the [EffectProps View] section was:If you want to exclude the Cakewalk FxDelay from the X-Ray Windows feature, after creating a blank line, type:
10. Save and close the XRayExclude.ini file, and restart SONAR to implement your changes.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.