Active Controller Technology (ACT) allows you to control whatever plug-in effect or soft synth currently has focus. The controller/surface mappings for a particular plug-in work the same on each instance of that plug-in, whenever that instance has focus. You can change the focus to a particular plug-in by clicking either the plug-in’s interface, or its name in an effects bin.SONAR has built-in mappings for all relatively recent SONAR plug-ins, however some older plug-ins such as the TTS-1 do not support ACT.
Selected a preset from the ACT MIDI Controller property page Presets menu, either a factory preset for your controller/surface, or a self-created preset (if there is no preset, see Assigning controls on your controller/surface to cells in the ACT MIDI property page).
2. The name of the plug-in appears in the Active Controller Technology field of your controller/surface’s property page, and the current mappings appear above the Knob and Slider fields in the controller/surface property page.
5. If you want to control only this instance of the plug-in with your controller/surface, enable the Lock check box in the ACT MIDI Controller property page, or enable the ACT Lock button in the Control Bar’s ACT module.
1. Enable ACT in the ACT MIDI Controller property page by enabling the Active Controller Technology Enable check box.
2. Enable the ACT Learn Mode button in the Control Bar’s ACT module.
6. Disable the ACT Learn Mode button in the Control Bar’s ACT module.Any assignments you keep are saved automatically as soon as you disable the Learn button. These assignments are global, so they are the same for every project.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.