1. Choose File > Import > Video, or choose Insert from the Video view’s pop-up menu.The Import Video dialog box appears. In the Files of Type field, select the kind of video file you’re looking for.
3. Check the Show File Info option to display information about the file in the File Info section of the dialog box.
4. Check the Import Audio Stream option if you want to load the file’s audio data.
5. Check the Import As Mono Tracks option if you want to import the file’s audio data as one or more mono tracks.
6. Click Open.SONAR loads the video file and displays it in the Video view. If you choose to import audio data, SONAR inserts a new track above the currently selected track, and puts the audio data in a clip or clips on the new track.
3. To change the display size of the video, right-click in the Video view and choose Stretch Options > [desired size] from the pop-up menu.
2. If your computer is not fast enough to play back video efficiently, you can get better performance by temporarily disabling video animation during playback.
Click the time display to cycle between MBT, SMPTE, Frames and None
Right-click in the Video view and choose an option from the Time Display Format menu:
2. Use the Project > Set Timecode At Now command to open the Set Timecode At Now Time dialog box.
3. If you want to set SMPTE time to 00:00:00:00 (the dialog’s default value) at the current Now time, click OK to close the dialog box. If you want to set SMPTE time to some other value at the current Now time, type that value into the SMPTE/MTC Time field, and click OK to close the dialog box.Do one of the following:
Go to Edit > Preferences > Project - Clock and choose the frame rate you want from the six choices, then click OK.Right-click in the Video view and choose an option from the Stretch Options menu:
SONAR adjusts the video display according to the selected option. The stretch option is used to recalculate the video display size whenever you resize the Video view.
Right-click in the Video view and choose a color option from the Background Color menu.
1. Right-click in the Video view and choose Video Properties.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.