If you are using Windows 7 and your user account has limited privileges, you may see the following error message when installing SONAR: “DeleteFile failed; code 5 access denied”.To resolve the issue, restart your computer, and log in with another administrative user account, then install SONAR.If you are already logged in as the Administrator, you will need to run the SONAR installer manually as Admin:
3. Navigate to \Install\SONAR_Setup.exe.
4. Right-click SONAR_Setup.exe. and click Properties to open the Properties dialog box.
5. Click the Advanced button to open the Advanced Attributes dialog box.
6. Select the Run as Administrator check box, then click OK to close the Advanced Attributes dialog box.If the preceding steps do not resolve the issue and there is no other user account to log into, please create a new user account with administrative rights. It is possible the permissions for the current user account are corrupt, and creating a new user account should correct the problem. For information about creating a new user account, please seeMake sure no other programs are running when you install SONAR, such as virus scanners. To prevent any programs from loading when you start Windows, follow these steps:
1. Choose Start > Run to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type MSCONFIG, then click OK to open the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
3. Click the Startup tab.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.