Before configuring your audio interface, make sure you have installed the latest drivers (can normally be obtained from the manufacturer's Web site).If you are using a USB Interface, ensure that it is plugged directly to the computer and not into a USB hub or external hard drive.You can find setup guides for many popular audio devices at . If your device is not listed or if you do not have access to the Internet, follow these steps to configure your hardware in SONAR:
2. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio - Playback and Recording.
3. In the Driver Mode list, select ASIO.
4. Click Audio - Sync and Caching.
5. In the Playback I/O Buffer Size (KB) list, select 512.
6. In the Record I/O Buffer Size (KB) list, select 512.
7. Click Apply.
8. Click Audio - Devices.
10. Click Audio - Driver Settings.
11. Assign Playback Timing Master and Record Timing Master to the first ASIO, then click OK and restart SONAR.
13. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio - Driver Settings.
14. Click the ASIO Panel button.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.