You can not export MIDI Groove clips by saving your project as a Standard MIDI File—Standard MIDI Files do not contain MIDI Groove clip data, such as transposition value, etc. When you import MIDI Groove clips, you can preview them in the Import MIDI dialog box.
Using the File > Export > MIDI Groove Clip command
Using the File > Import > MIDI command
2. Use the File > Export > MIDI Groove Clip command.The Export MIDI dialog box appears.
4. Type a name for the clip in the File Name field.
5. Click the Save button.SONAR exports the MIDI Groove clip, which contains the information displayed in the Clip Inspector’s Groove Clip section, except for the Pitch (semitones) field, which does not get exported.
3. Use the File > Import > MIDI command.The Import MIDI dialog box appears,
4. Navigate to a folder where you store MIDI Groove clips. Make sure that the Files of Type field is set to MIDI File.
5. Highlight the file you want to import—the File Info field displays the file’s MIDI Groove clip data, if any.
6. If you want to preview (listen to) the highlighted file, click the Play button in the Import MIDI dialog box. When you decide to import the highlighted file, click the Open button.
2. If the Browser view is not open, use the Views > Browser command to display it, or press B.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.