SONAR allows you to record the MIDI output of a synth onto another MIDI track in your project. This can be convenient if your synth creates arpeggios, drum patterns, or other MIDI data that you want to edit as a MIDI clip.
When inserting a synth from the Insert menu or the Synth Rack, select the Enable MIDI Output check box in the Insert Soft Synth Options dialog box.The soft synth will now appear as an Input option on all MIDI tracks just like any hardware inputs.
1. Verify that Enable MIDI Output is enabled for the synth whose MIDI output you want to hear through another track.
2. On a new MIDI track in your project, set the Input to the synth whose MIDI output you want to hear.
3. Set the Output of that track to another synth or MIDI output used in your project and enable Input Echo.
4. Play some MIDI data through the synth whose MIDI Output has been enabled.The MIDI data sent from that synth will be echoed through the Output of the new MIDI track.
1. Verify that Enable MIDI Output is enabled for the synth whose MIDI output you want to record.
3. Click the Record button to start recording.
4. The MIDI Output of the synth will be recorded to the new MIDI track. You can then edit the MIDI data and route it to a different MIDI output as you see fit.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.