Template files make it easy to create new projects with certain predefined settings. To create a template file, create a new project file and arrange the project settings the way you want, then save the project as a template file. Template files have a file extension of .cwt. When you create a new project, you can use the template as the basis for the new project. SONAR looks for template files in a particular folder on your hard disk. By default, this folder is the program folder. To change the template directory, go to Edit > Preferences > File - Folder Locations.Every time you start SONAR, a default template named Basic.cwt is loaded. If you want, you can modify the Basic.cwt template to suit your needs, or specify any other template as the default template (see To specify the default project template). If you do not want to automatically load a default template, go to Edit > Preferences > File - Advanced and clear the On Startup Load Default Template check box.As a rule, any parameter that is saved in a project file is also saved in a template file. Following are some useful parameters that are saved in template files:
1. Create a new file using the File > New command.
4. Choose File > Save As to display the Save As dialog box.
5. Choose Template from the Save as Type list.
1. Choose File > New to display the New Project File dialog box. The list contains the names of all existing templates.
3. Click OK.
1. Use the File > Start Screen command to open the Start Screen.
2. Click New Project to see a list of available project templates.
From the New Project File dialog box:
1. Use the File > New command to open the New Project File dialog box.
2. Select the desired template, then click Set as Default Template.
When you launch SONAR while the On Startup Load Default Template global option is enabled in Edit > Preferences > File - Advanced.The default template is pinned in the Start Screen, and shows an asterisk in the New Project File dialog box.
Tip - Searching Documentation
Tip: To search for a specific topic, type your search query in the Search Cakewalk.com field at the top right of this page.
When the search results appear, click which product's documentation you would like to search to filter the search results further.
Note - Using Offline Help
Note: If you prefer to always use offline Help, go to Edit > Preferences > File > Advanced in your Cakewalk software and select Always Use Offline Help.
If you are not connected to the internet, your Cakewalk software will default to showing offline help until an internet connection becomes available.