Release date: Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Cakewalk® Releases Guitar Tracks Pro 3™; Adds Professional Tools and Functionality to Multitrack Recording, Mixing and Editing Environment Designed For Recording Guitarists and Songwriters
—Redesigned mixing and edit views; 24-bit / 96 kHz recording support; 32 audio tracks; real-time monitoring of effects and inputs; full ACID wave file support and advanced looping tools; ASIO hardware support; VST support; GT:FX multi-effects suite; Amplitube LE amp/cabinet modeler; Smart Loops ACID loop library—
Musikmesse, Frankfurt, Hall 5.1, Stand C65 (31, March, 2004) Cakewalk, developer of the world's best-selling music and sound software for Windows-based PCs, is pleased to announce the release Guitar Tracks Pro 3, the latest version of the popular and feature-rich recording software, designed specifically for guitar players and songwriters. Guitar Tracks Pro 3 has a suggested retail price of $209.00 U.S.
Based on Cakewalk's SONAR audio and MIDI technology, Guitar Tracks Pro 3 provides recording guitarists and songwriters with all the professional tools necessary to create quality music productions using their home computer. Guitar Tracks Pro 3 boasts new features such as a completely redesigned 32x8 mixing view, dynamic edit view, and navigator pane; multi I/O support for up to 32 channels of hardware at 24/96 resolution, allowing users to record large scale projects with ease; real-time monitoring of effects and inputs; complete automation of track parameters and effects; audio looping tools and ACID™ loop support; sample accurate sync generation for use with external hard disk recorders or sequencers; extensive library of ACID loops from Smart Loops for the quick creation of backing tracks at any tempo; GT:FX multi-effects suite; IK Multimedia's highly acclaimed Amplitube LE guitar amp simulator.
Guitar Tracks Pro 3 Key Features
- Completely redesigned user interface
- Setup wizard to ensure optimal performance
- Record 32 audio tracks
- Support for up to 32 hardware inputs/outputs
- 24-bit/96kHz audio hardware support
- 32x8 mixing view layout with assignable FX and 2 auxiliary busses with per bus pre/post option
- Navigator view - get a bird's eye view of your project
- Complete automation of track parameters and FX
- Real-time monitoring of effects and inputs
- Apply 32 simultaneous effects in real-time, non-destructively
- Comprehensive sync generation for use with external hard disk recorders or sequencers
- Support for DirectX and VST effects (VST support through included Cakewalk VST Adapter)
- Amplitube LE guitar amp simulator
- GT:FX multi-effects suite including chorus/flange, compressor/gate, parametric EQ, phaser, reverb and tempo delay
- Audio loop construction tools and full support for ACID ™-format files
- Extensive library of ACID loops from Smart Loops for creation of backing tracks, fast
- Import/Export .wav, .mp3, and .wma files
- High-quality sample rate conversion when importing and exporting audio - Guitar Tracks Pro 3 now utilizes the ultra high quality Windowed Sync resampler algorithm
- Integrated tuner and metronome
- Support for multiple meters and tempos
- ASIO and WDM hardware support
Pricing and Availability
About Cakewalk, Inc.
Guitar Tracks Pro 3 has a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $209.00 U.S. and is available at music and sound retailers. Registered Guitar Tracks Pro users can upgrade to Guitar Tracks Pro 3 for $79.00 U.S. Interested customers can call 888-CAKEWALK (617-423-9004 outside U.S.) or visit Cakewalk on the web at www.cakewalk.com for details.
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo and SONARare trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.