Release date: Saturday, January 22, 2005
Cakewalk® Announces Free 5.0.1 Maintenance Release for SONAR™ Audio Production Environment
Boston, MA — Cakewalk, developer of the leading music and sound software for Windows, today announces a maintenance release for SONAR 5, the definitive audio production environment on the Windows® platform. The SONAR 5.0.1 maintenance release for both 32-bit and native x64 versions of SONAR 5 Producer Edition and SONAR 5 Studio Edition is now available as free a download for registered SONAR 5 customers at www.cakewalk.com.
The SONAR 5.0.1 maintenance release is a direct result of active dialog with our users. We view timely product updates as an example of Cakewalk's commitment to the very best in product support for our customers.
The SONAR 5.0.1 maintenance release highlights
- Import and export of 64-bit audio files.
- New “Mute Previous Takes” option for use while punch recording.
- Enhancements to meter and track peak display: double-clicking meter or numeric peak displays now also clears the corresponding meter peak markers on that track/bus; in addition a Key Binding command has been added to reset meters and numeric peak displays.
- Additional visual feedback in Track view represented by a focus rectangle that indicates which pane will receive keyboard input.
- New keyboard short cut (Ctrl+Shift+B) to maximize/restore Tabs pane in Bus view.
- In addition the update addresses several issues reported by customers after SONAR’s initial release.
Pricing and Availability
About Cakewalk, Inc.
Registered SONAR 5 users can download the SONAR 5.0.1 maintenance release for free at www.cakewalk.com. SONAR 5 Producer Edition has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $799 U.S. (MSRP); SONAR 4 Studio Edition is $479 U.S. (MSRP). For more information, visit Cakewalk on the web at www.cakewalk.com or call 888-CAKEWALK, +1 (617) 423-9004.
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo and SONARare trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.