Release date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Cakewalk® Releases Rapture 1.2 Update
—Free download for registered customers includes new Envelope Generator and Tempo features, Vista x64 support, and many usability enhancements—
Boston, MA (May 06, 2009) — Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, announces the availability of the free 1.2 Update for Rapture wavetable synthesizer. The Rapture 1.2 Update is available as a free download for registered customers at:
The new features and enhancements in Rapture 1.2 include:
- New Envelope Generator functionality includes the ability to retrigger envelopes using the Step Generator; saving and loading EG presets; drag and drop EG presets; an alternate Zoom mode; and auto-scroll when programming, a useful feature when working with extended or zoomed-in waveforms
- New Internal Tempo option, with a built-in Tap Tempo. Use this option to create syncopated rhythmic effects when using Rapture in a host DAW, or use it in stand-alone mode to ensure that Rapture's tempo-based effects and modulations are in time with the music that you are performing
- DC offset blocker to remove distortion that can occur when loading some waveforms with unwanted DC offset
- Extended Vista x64 support, including the ability for both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Rapture to be installed on the Windows Vista x64 operating system ensuring access within 32-bit DAWs that may be running on the 64-bit OS
- Selectors added to multiple parameters for quicker access to desired settings
- Knobs Focus Indicator to help users identify which knob is currently in focus
Winner of the 2008 MIPA award, Keyboard Key Buy Award, Mix TEC award nominee, and recipient of Computer Music's Top Ten Software Synthesizers of all time, Rapture combines power, elegance, control, and unbeatable sounds in one of the most exciting synthesizers to hit the market in years. Rapture is capable of producing rich, hypnotic, and rhythmic basses, leads, and pads, and is perfect for performing and designing the modern synthesized sounds igniting today's pop, dance, and electronic music. Rapture is the first product of its kind, combining one of the most advanced modulation systems available with an unrivaled non-aliasing synthesis engine, a hallmark of the unparalleled sound quality and creativity found exclusively in the Cakewalk Instruments line.
Rapture is available at select music and sound retailers around the world, and direct as a boxed version or download from the Cakewalk online store. For more information on Rapture, and to download a free demo version, visit www.cakewalk.com/products/rapture.
For localized pricing and availability visit:
About Cakewalk, Inc.
- Cakewalk (The Americas except Brazil and Canada)
- Edirol Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Austria)
- Roland Australia
- Roland Brazil
- Roland Canada
- Roland Central Europe (Belgium, France, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Roland East Europe
- Roland Switzerland
- Roland Iberia (Portugal, Spain)
- Roland Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Russia, and Iceland
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo and SONARare trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.