Release date: Friday, March 23, 2012
Cakewalk® Announces ProChannel PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module
— Cakewalk announces new PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module for SONAR X1 Producer Expanded —
Musikmesse, Frankfurt, Germany (March 23, 2012) — Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, today announces the release of the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module. Faithfully modeled after one of the most sought after studio compressors in history, the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier puts the silky, smooth sound of this highly desirable hardware unit right into SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s ProChannel – at a fraction of the cost.
Since the 1960s, professional engineers have relied on the unique characteristics of this electro-optical tube-based compressor to work its magic on all kinds of sources, including guitars, bass, pads, and especially vocals. Previously only available to big studios that could afford these “all tube” units, the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier lets you wield this legendary sonic weapon in your own studio, on your own tracks. With only a few simple controls, it’s easy to use and provides instant gratification with professional results.
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded
- Silky smooth – Get the smooth, warm sound heard on so many classic recordings and the signature dynamics compressor used on countless vocal tracks
- Modeled to a T – Tube design and T4 circuitry have been meticulously modeled to retain the characteristic sound of the original hardware unit
- Dual modes – “Fast Reset” mode allows for a faster wake-up time and avoids the initial pop while “Classic” mode sticks to the true emulation, and responds like the original hardware
- R37 screw – Just like in the hardware, turning the screw controls how much compression is applied to high-frequency content, such as vocal sibilance.
- Zero-latency performance – Allows for real-time monitoring and tracking of any source material including vocals
- Modern conveniences – Run natively in 32-bit or 64-bit environments with 64-bit double precision audio fidelity
delivers fully modular capability to the ProChannel and is required to use PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module.
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s ProChannel console strip already provides a number of options to get pro-studio sound in the box with its highly musical QuadCurve EQ, PC76 U-Type/classic FET and PC4K S-Type bus compressors, tube saturation, and flexible drag & drop routing. ProChannel strips can be customized to have any combination of installed modules available on any channel and favorite combinations can be set as default for tracks and busses. Learn more about SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s ProChannel
Availability and pricing:
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded customers can purchase PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module download for $79/£59/€69
(vat inclusive) from the Cakewalk store. For more information visit the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier page
About Cakewalk, Inc.
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo, SONAR, and PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier are trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. LA-2A is a registered trademark of Universal Audio, Inc. Cakewalk’s products, specifically, the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier, is developed by Cakewalk, Inc. based on its own modeling techniques. Universal Audio, Inc. has neither endorsed nor sponsored Cakewalk's products in any manner, nor licensed any intellectual property for use in this product. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.