Release date: Friday, September 21, 2012
Cakewalk® Announces SONAR X2 now shipping
Boston, MA, (September 21, 2012) — Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, announces the highly anticipated SONAR X2 is now shipping and available the world over from Roland distribution partners and via the cloud at www.Cakewalk.com
From getting great tone to releasing a final mix, today’s musicians must master every element of the music production process. SONAR X2 is there every step of the way, and the enhanced, revolutionary Skylight interface lets you move seamlessly among the elements, instantly going from recording to editing to mixing and back again.
SONAR X2 Producer key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Enhanced award-winning Skylight interface
- Seamless usability and workflow
- R-MIX SONAR
- Modular ProChannel
- BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel module
- ProChannel Console Emulator
- QuadCurve EQ & Softube Saturation Knob
- FX Chains plus ProChannel FX Chains
- 20 virtual instruments
- 59 audio and MIDI FX
- Enhanced Matrix performance view
- Integrated per-track arpeggiator
- TH2 Producer amp sim
- Linear Phase EQ and Multiband compressor
- Automation and Take Lanes
- Sound Cloud, MusicXML, and flexible export options
- Pristine 64-bit/384 kHz audio engine
- 32 and 64-bit versions
- Windows 7 and 8 support via free update
- Thousands of enhancements and optimizations
Revolutionary SONAR X2 lets you to master every element of the music production process.
Perform: Play stunning sounds, trigger loops & phrases with full hands on control.
Record: Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited tracks.
- SONAR X2 Producer contains a total of 20 distinct virtual instruments including Dimension Pro, Rapture, Z3TA+, Session Drummer 3, and more.
- Overloud brings their critically acclaimed amp modeling technology to SONAR with Overloud TH2 SONAR and Overloud TH2 Producer (only in SONAR X2 Producer).
- The enhanced Matrix View lets you organize loops, phrases, and one-shots into cells and columns for realtime triggering
Edit: Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch/time and any other aspects of recordings.
- SONAR X2 Producer includes unlimited audio and MIDI tracks with up to 384kHz audio fidelity powered by the acclaimed SONAR 64-bit double precision mix engine.
- Take lanes, track folders, confidence recording, and bus waveform preview provide the organization and assurance that every nuance of a performance is captured and where it should be.
- Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC), 64-bit OS support, WDM & ASIO driver modes coupled with the extreme low latency audio engine allow for better than hardware performance of softsynths and input monitoring on effects.
Mix: Sculpt killer tones and create big, dynamic mixes.
- Newly enhanced Smart Tool changes function automatically based on context and works in every one of SONAR's edit views.
- Smart Grid intelligently sets the snap resolution and the visual grid line display dynamically, based on zoom level, to a useful setting for the task at hand.
- SONAR X2's Piano Roll View has been enhanced with a new look and new functionality.
Master: Add final touches to a finished mix for clear, professional results.
- Available exclusively in SONAR X2 Producer, create custom ProChannel strips that include modular components, in place scrolling, and drag and drop signal routing.
- ProChannel includes 6 modules for everyday mixing tasks including an updated EQ, compressors, tube saturations, and more.
- SONAR X2 Producer's Console Emulator injects the sound of three legendary consoles right into SONAR's ProChannel. Different consoles have different characteristics and there are three modes available, S-Type, N-Type and A-Type. Add the Console Emulator to any channel or bus and dial in the distinctive sound of these legendary analog hardware consoles - with all the modern convenience and flexibility of software.
- R-MIX SONAR is now available exclusively in SONAR X2 Producer. Fully automatable and available on any track or bus, R-MIX employs Roland's innovative V-Remastering technology letting you remove noise, isolate particular elements, or create unique and evocative filtering effects that demand attention.
- BREVERB SONAR is a high-quality reverberation plugin modeled after the most acclaimed hardware classics, and is the ultimate solution to any recording, mixing and live situation. BREVERB SONAR can be patched as a VST plugin or patched directly into the ProChannel.
- Addition of individual automation lanes for each track plus automation modes latch, touch, overwrite, and punch.
Deliver: Share final masters with the world in a variety of formats.
- Enhanced LP-64 EQ linear-phase Equalizer that puts a professional sheen on your final mix
- Updated LP-64 Multiband linear phase mastering compressor that provides clean, clear non-smeared control over isolated bands for volume maximization or attenuation/limiting with superior linear phase technology.
- Integrated SoundCloud support allows for uploading songs directly to SoundCloud with automatic notification of social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to export in MusicXML format for use in popular notation programs such as Finale, Notion, and Sibelius.
Versions and Availability
SONAR X2 is available in three versions; Producer, Studio and Essential and is available through music & sound retailers around the globe. Registered Cakewalk customers can download their SONAR X2 upgrade directly from the Cakewalk Store or select music retailers. Please visit www.cakewalk.com for full version details and a Roland distribution partner for localized pricing and availability:
Cakewalk (The Americas except Brazil and Canada)
Roland Central Europe (Belgium, France, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
Roland East Europe
Roland Germany (Austria)
Roland Iberia (Portugal, Spain)
Roland Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Russia, and Iceland)
Roland Music LLC (Russia)
For a complete list of Distributors worldwide visit: http://www.cakewalk.com/Dealers/global.aspx
About Cakewalk, Inc.
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo, SONAR, and Music Creator are trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. V-Studio is a trademark of Roland Corporation. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.