The information in this article applies to:
- Home Studio 7.0
What does the patch address?
This patch corrects a number of issues in Cakewalk version 7.0 and 7.0.1. Installing this Patch will update your copy of Cakewalk to version 7.0.2. Most of the items included in the Cakewalk 7.0.2 Patch were selected based on customer feedback. Installing the Patch will accomplish the following:
- Fixes a problem when opening .BUN files that contain old CFX effects.
- Shift-clicking in the Audio view to extend the selection no longer changes the Now time.
- Snap in the Audio view now snaps BY the snap resolution, not TO the snap resolution.
- Eliminates interaction problems between Auto-punch record mode and Cakewalk's Console view window.
- Increases the horizontal scroll rate in Track View Clips pane.
- Fixes a rare "slowdown" problem related to the Stereo Reverb plug-in.
- Taking a snapshot in the Console view will no longer leave redundant controller 91 and 93 data.
- Corrects a cosmetic Toolbar problem that occurred when closing Cakewalk under specific conditions.
- Destination time now calculated correctly when using Insert Measures command.
- Eliminates problems that could occur when dragging and dropping audio clips in Cakewalk's Audio view.
To download and apply the patch:
- Download the correct patch into your Cakewalk installation directory. The default install location for Cakewalk Home Studio is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Home Studio\
- Open the Cakewalk directory using Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the file patch.exe file to begin installation.
- Select OK in the Cakewalk Upgrade dialog to continue.
- You will need to locate your Cakewalk 7.0x directory. If you followed the instructions in step 1 you will already be in the current directory and you should click Open at this time.
If you saved the 7.0x Patch in a different directory, you'll need to browse to your Cakewalk 7.0x installation folder now. When you are inside your 7.0 install folder, select the Open button.
- In the Confirm dialog, select the YES button. The Cakewalk 7.0x patch will now be installed.