The information in this article applies to:
- SONAR 4 Producer Edition
- SONAR 4 Studio Edition
Please note you must have SONAR 4.0.3 installed in order to install the 4.0.4 patch. The 4.0.4 patch can be applied to English, Spanish, French, and German language installations of SONAR 4, either from copies purchased directly from Cakewalk and North American retail outlets, or from the SONAR 4 European version. This patch will not update the SONAR 4 downloadable Web Demo version or the SONAR 4 Test Drive kit.
Notable Bug Fixes:
- On rare occasions, existing tracks that were playing back could drop out and stop playing while new tracks were being recorded.
- Clip envelope editing anomalies, which could occur when 1) creating a clip envelope in a project that had tempo changes, and 2) the clip was position after the tempo change and 3) the Now time was over the clip and 4) new nodes were created before the Now time.
- When punch recording, newly recorded clips were 3dB too loud if the panning law was set to -3dB.
- The Go-Previous Measure command would not move the Now time earlier than the current measure.
- When deleting a dotted line envelope-such as a Mute envelope-could leave the group "latched" in an undesirable state. For instance, a track could remain muted even if a Mute envelope was deleted.
- The Edit-Split. command would sometimes not work properly when selecting "Split Repeatedly".
- Jump envelopes did not take effect when the Now Time was moved during playback.
- Muting a cropped clip with the Mute tool could prevent the clip from being included when exporting or bouncing the clip.
Note: A separate VST Adapter update will be released in the near future to address a few minor known issues.
After installing the 4.0.4 update, please see the ReadMe file for more information.
In order to access this free download you must be a registered SONAR 4 Producer or SONAR 4 Studio customer. If you have not registered your product you can register online now.
Note: tNote: this download will not patch the SONAR 4 Web Demo nor the SONAR 4 Test Drive.