Using the Publisher module, you can create a customized streaming music player with a playlist of your music, upload it to your personal or band's web site, and embed it in any other web site. You can also update your playlist with album art; links (URLs); and artist, track, & album information.
The basic process for using Publisher is this:
- Give Publisher the details of your FTP site(s) by clicking the Host Settings button, and filling out the Host Configuration dialog. See Publisher Host Configuration.
- Create one or more playlists of MP3 songs (see Creating a Publisher Playlist for more information).
- Configure some players to upload by clicking the Configure Players button (see Players Setup for Publisher in the help files).
- Choose what players you want to upload by clicking the checkbox of each player in the Choose Players to Upload section of the main window.
- Upload songs, playlists, and players to an FTP site by clicking the Publish button. This opens the Publish dialog: select the FTP site you want to upload to and the playlists that you want to upload.
- Upon successful completion of the upload, the Success dialog appears: the dialog displays fully formatted HTML embed tags for each player uploaded. Copy one of these tags and paste it into a web page to create a link to a specific player.