This update provides fixes for the following issues related to the Fantom VS:
- New warning message for when trying to insert a 2nd instance of the Fantom VS
- MFX type "05 Super Filter" parameter group is now correctly named "FILTER"
- MFX type "10 Speaker Simulator" parameter group name is now correctly named "LEVEL"
VS-700R Firmware update procedure:
- Download the file FantomVS_v110.zip from the Fantom VS 1.10 firmware link below
- Un-zip the package by right-clicking on it and choosing "Extract All" Note: be sure to unzip it to a location on your computer that you can find later
- Turn off the VS-700R and disconnect the USB cable
- Ensure that the only connection made to the VS-700R is the power cable
- Remove the expansion cover located on the VS-700R's top panel
- At SW1, located at the far right, flip switch "4" up to the ON position. All other switches should remain in the OFF (down) position as shown in the following image:
- On the left side of the VS-700R's front panel, set the SAMPLE RATE knob to "192 kHz"
- Switch on the VS-700R's power
- Verify that the [USB], [CONSOLE], [MIDI IN], and [MIDI OUT] LEDs on the VS-700R's front panel are blinking
- Move switch "4" of SW1 back to the "OFF" position on the VS-700R as shown in the following image:
- Verify that the LED's that were blinking in step 10 have stopped blinking
- Connect a USB cable from the VS-700R to your computer
- Verify that the VS-700R's [USB] and [MIDI OUT] LED's are illuminated
- Open the 'FantomVS_v110' folder on your computer that you just downloaded and unzipped
- Locate and start the application 'UpdSMFJ.exe' by double-clicking on it
- In the "MIDI Out Device" field, select [FANTOM VS (VS-700)]
- In the "SMF Path" specify the name of the folder that contains the FantomVSUpdate.mid file. This should be the FantomVS_v110 folder unless you moved it. You can browse to it by clicking the Path button
- Click Scan SMF and verify that the file is loaded
- Click Send
- Data transmission will being and the VS-700R's [MIDI IN] LED will blink. Your computer will show a progress bar
- The update takes about three minutes to complete NEVER turn off the power while the update is in progress.
- When the VS-700R's [MIDI IN] and [MIDI OUT] LEDs both blink, the update has completed
- In the UpdSMF utility the Send SMF Complete dialog box will appear, click OK
- In the UpdSMF click EXIT to close the utility
- Switch off the VS-700R's power
- Switch on the VS-700R - the update is complete, you can now replace the expansion cover
For instructions on verifying the installed Fantom VS Firmware version click here.
Download the Fantom VS 1.10 Firmware Update (Approx. 2 MB)