If your program will no longer launch, you may be able to resolve the problem by forcing it to re-write some settings behind the scenes. To do so, try taking the following steps:
- Open the Run prompt by holding down the Windows key on your keyboard and pressing "R"
- Type in the following: %appdata%\cakewalk
- Click [OK]. This will open a folder in Windows Explorer.
- Locate the folder named after your product
- Right-click on this folder and choose "rename"
- Change the folder's name by adding the word "backup" to the end of it. For example: "SONAR X1 Producer backup"
- Close this folder and then open your Cakewalk software
- When prompted with the message "... will now personalize your user settings", make sure to click [OK]