If your Cakewalk software is not locating one of your Cakewalk VST plug-ins, or a newly installed 3rd party plug-in, it may simply be a matter of you needing to tell your Cakewalk software where to look for it. Below are the steps you can take to resolve this:
- Go to Edit > Preferences > File - VST Settings (Options > Global > VST Plug-ins in legacy software)
- Under the VST Scan Folder(s) section, make sure you have the paths listed to where your plug-ins are installed. For Cakewalk software, the default scan paths are typically:
- C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins
- If no path was listed and your VST plug-ins were installed to the default location, click the [Add...] button to add the appropriate path. If you have installed a 3rd party plug-in to a custom location, add this location to the VST Scan Folder(s) as well.
- If you do not know where your new VST Plug-Ins are located, then we recommend running a search on your computer for the plug-in name. You are looking for where the ".dll" file is installed. For example, if you are searching for "Beatscape" and find out that "Beatscape.dll" is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins, then this is the path you would want to add.
- Once you have added the correct path, check the boxes "Re-scan Existing" and "Re-scan Failed"
- Click the [Scan VST Folders] button.