In order to create a custom Favorites folder in Dimension Pro/LE:
- Open the Windows File Explorer. We'll need to access a folder that's hidden by default on your computer, so we'll have to manually enter the directory. Click in the address bar and type or copy and paste this location: C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs
If you are using Dimension LE, copy and paste this location instead: C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension LE\Programs
- Right-click in the white space within the folder and select New > Folder
- Give the folder a name. Since the categories in Dimension Pro are listed in alphanumerical order, something like "00 - Favorite Sounds" will place it at the top of the list.
- Now we'll want to add some sounds to that folder.
- Find your favorite sounds as you would do in Dimension Pro
- Select a program. You can select multiple programs from one folder by holding Control and clicking all desired programs. Alternatively, to select a range of programs, select the first desired program, then hold Shift and select the last one.
- Right-click one of the selected programs and choose Copy. This will copy all selected programs.
- Return to your new Favorites folder, right-click and Paste the program(s) into the folder.
- Repeat this for any programs you want to add to your Favorites.
- For further organization, or if you have quite a few sounds you find yourself using, you can even add subfolders to your Favorites by repeating step 2 listed above.
- Upon re-opening Dimension Pro, open the Program Browser and press F5 on your computer's keyboard. This will refresh the Program Browser, and you'll now see your new Favorites folder and its contents. *Note that it may appear to freeze or hang, but it will become active again within a few seconds.